Petal Experiment

I tried an experiment in paper dying in the sun a week or so ago. It failed miserably. But the idea (and the photos) were interesting.

We have a boganvalia bush in our backyard. I love the vibrancy of these flowers so I thought I would pick some and put them in water as a center piece. After a couple days the water dyed magenta. I had some cheap watercolor paper and wanted to see what would happen if I left flower soaked paper out in the sun for a couple days.

Nothing happened.


In my defense, it was cloudy the entire time! The sun went away as soon as I put my tray outside and stayed away that whole week. So maybe if it had been warmer and sunnier I’d have beautifully colored and odd patterned watercolor paper now…..or maybe nothing would’ve happened.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s